IBM Releases Report Card on Innovation Initiative

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IBM Releases Report Card on Innovation Initiative

** This thread discusses the article: IBM Releases Report Card on Innovation Initiative **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: IBM Releases Report Card on Innovation Initiative **

** This thread discusses the article: IBM Releases Report Card on Innovation Initiative **
    This is all tremendous, but the real question (at least mine) is what's it doing for the bottom line? i.e. What's the impact in terms of system sales -- especially to new customers?

Comment

These are positive steps but I don't think they're going get the iSeries out of the doldrums. IBM has produced a number of really great iSeries commercials, but when are they ever going to be broadcast outside of industry/business-partner conferences? The only thing that is going to make the iSeries take off is a sustained marketing campaign aimed at the CEO's and CFO's of the world in TV, print, and Internet ads; not just to ISV's behind relatively closed doors. The iSeries would've been much better off if John Akers had been allowed to complete his vision of breaking up the company. Then the iSeries would have been allowed to flourish on its own terms instead of being buried by IBM's incessant need to market only the brand and not the individual merits of each of their three platforms. I sometimes wonder if the iSeries business-partner community shouldn't do this kind of marketing on its own. Kind of the way the California Raisins or the Dairy Board do it, by collecting a percentage of revenue from each commerical entity (in this case farmers) for the express purspose of doing proper marketing. With the farmers it was of course congressionally mandated, but I'm sure if people put their heads together they could come up with an agreement among the iSeries business partners that could accomplish the same thing. IBM certainly isn't going to do it, so what choice do we have?

Comment

Working...
      X