How can I stop printing RUNSQLSTM Listings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I stop printing RUNSQLSTM Listings

I use RUNSQLSTM executed from a CL quite a bit to create data for reports. It works well enough for my needs, with the exception that each time RUNSQLSTM is executed the program listing prints. Not a big problem if I run the CL under my ID, I don't release my print q, but now users are starting to want to execute some of these reports, and their print queues are pointed to real printers. Suddenly whole forests are dying just to print useless SQL listings. I can see no way to prevent these from printing. Nor can I get the listings to print to QSYSPRT or any other non-printing print q, it will only send the listings to each users default printer. Does anyone know how I can either stop the printing altogether (this seems such an obvious parameter, what was IBM thinking?) or at least point them to 'limbo' so I can just delete them from the non-printing print q?

How can I stop printing RUNSQLSTM Listings

You can create a printer file with an associated outq and use PRTFILE keyword on the RUNSQLSTM command to route the output to that print file/outq. Then delete away. No guarantees. Ex. CRTPRTF FILE(mylib/myprtfile) OUTQ(mylib/myoutq) HOLD(*YES) RUNSQLSTM SRCFILE(mylib/srcfile) SRCMBR(mbrnam) PRTFILE(mylib/myprtf) Dave

Comment

Working...
    X