Disappearing Joblogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disappearing Joblogs

We just moved from an AS400 that was at 3.7 to our new and improves 5.1 machine!!! Problem is that now our joblogs aren't being generated. I seem to remember there is something out there (a sysval?) that tells the system the system not to create a joblog if the job terminates normally. Is there anything else I need to change in the CL to make sure a joblog is create? Any help would be appreciated.

Disappearing Joblogs

Settings to control job logging are controlled through job descriptions. I don't think they are the culprits in your problem. Note: If the output queue for a job cannot be found, no job log is produced. If your entire system is not generating any job log at all, the most likely culprit would be the system printer file QSYS/QPJOBLOG. Check if this file exists. If not, create it with the desired outque (suggestion: QSYS/QEZJOBLOG). If the QSYS/QPJOBLOG already exists, check what is the default outque. Perhaps the default outque does not exist, or maybe it has some access/authority problem.

Comment

Working...
    X