• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TechTip: DSPQRYREF

** This thread discusses the article: TechTip: DSPQRYREF **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: TechTip: DSPQRYREF **

TechTip: DSPQRYREF

This article has a zip file attachment, are there any instructions on how to get to the source after extracting the ZIP file?

Comment

Under "Building the Utility" there is a link that is underlined that reads "the programs used by this application". Make sure you open the ".clp" in notepad or something like that. My OS thought ".clp" was a clipboard document. This does work well. I found the RTVQMQRY command a while back and figured there was a way to use it to get the files used in queries...I was just too lazy to develop it! Thanks Mike!

Comment

This sounds like a very useful utility! Where I am now, we don't change database files at all, but my former job required that a lot. So I used to use the RTVQMQRY command to get the query source, and periodically I would refresh a source file on the test machine whose members were the source code for the individual queries in our query library. Then you could scan the source file to see where a given database file was used in the queries. But, this tool would be a more elegant way to accomplish the same thing. Rich Hart

Comment

It's a very good function , starting with source of this command is possible create a new command for display and select on a sub file all the informations about a query . Thanks a lot Mr. Mike Faust

Comment

The link to the 'Files required' appears to be broken. getting a 404 error 'Web Page Canoot be found'

Can you supply new link / files ?

Comment

Working...
            X