• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving to ILE CL

** This thread discusses the article: Moving to ILE CL **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: Moving to ILE CL0

Moving to ILE CL

Bob, I put this together on my system, and it all works fine. My question is what is CEEDYWK, and how does my system know about it? By the way, I alway's look forward to your articles, they usually have something I can take away and use, or refreshes concepts I already use. Thanks again. Darrell

Comment

Moving to ILE CL

I find that more and more people are using the RTNVAR possibilities of CALLPRC, however about 85% of these people get a POINTER NOT SET error on returning the error. I think IBM needs to address this issue and either provide us with a good description on how it works (even with character or boolean return values) or issue some kind of PTF for this.

Comment

Moving to ILE CL

The issue at the end of the article sure bit us a couple of times. It's not obvious at first that, say, a submitted CL to run an opnqryf should become an ILE PEP to retain overrides over to a converted HLL module.

Comment

Moving to ILE CL

I believe that another big difference between a CL and a CLLE program is that you can use the interactive debugger on the CLLE program because you can compile it with the proper source listing. (dbgview(*source)) You cannot do that with old style CL. While I'm at it, there is one more important difference. You cannot retrieve source from a CLLE program like you can from an old CL program. Hope I didn't scan your article too quickly, but I didn't see those two points in there. Jefferson

Comment

Moving to ILE CL

Jefferson, Happily, you CAN use the interactive debugger (actually both debuggers) for ILE CL. The StrIsDb command of course works for CL programs. The ILE debugger (StrDbg) will work if you do two things before/when starting your debug session: (1) Compile the CL program(s) that you want to debug with the OPTION(*SRCDBG) parameter specified. (2) When you start your debug session, specify the parameter OPMSRC(*YES). This will allow the OPM source to be viewed in the ILE debug environment. I think that this (welcome) enhancement came in about Version 4 Release 3. Rich Hart

Comment

Working...
            X