TechTip: Programmatically Changing All the Files in a Library

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TechTip: Programmatically Changing All the Files in a Library

** This thread discusses the article: TechTip: Programmatically Changing All the Files in a Library **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: TechTip: Programmatically Changing All the Files in a Library **

** This thread discusses the article: TechTip: Programmatically Changing All the Files in a Library **
    Use WRKOBJPDM and the filters available there to narrow down your selection. Then create a user defind option that does the CHGLF. (your option could run interactively, or it could do it's own SBMJOB). Enter your option next to the filtered list and press F13 to repeat, then press enter.

Comment

A different approach which requires no programming would be to use PDM (WRKOBJPDM), subsetting it to the library and logical file in question. Then enter a 2 (CHGLF) and press F13 to copy this option to all options in the list. On the command line enter the parameter you want to change - ACCPTHSIZ(*MAX1TB) - and press ENTER.

Comment

I have found that creating a custom PDM user option and running that option over a filtered list in PDM has been very effective for a majority of my needs. Remember you can override selected parms at the command line that applies for each execution. (i.e. CHGOWN in the PDM user option and NEWOWN(XYZ) on the command line) Downside: It runs online.

Comment

Working...
        X