Problem with iSeries Graphical Debugger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with iSeries Graphical Debugger

Hi All, I hope someone can point me in the right direction to solve the following problem. I'm able to start the Debug Manager just fine, but when I try to start the Debugger, I receive the following error in my DOS window. "Exception occurred during event dispatching: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: javax.swing.JCheckBoxMenuItem: method (Ljavax/swing/ActionV not found at com.ibm.iseries.debug.util.SubMenu.addCheckAction SubMenu.java:102)" This is followed by more "at" statements. Any clues where I should start looking? Dean Eshleman, MMA, Inc.

Problem with iSeries Graphical Debugger

Well, I managed to solve my own problem after much head scratching. The main problem was I was using the JRE v1.2 instead of version 1.3. I thought I needed to use v1.2 because of another error message I received when I tried to use JRE 1.3. It said "Registry key 'SoftwareJavaSoftJava Runtime EnvironmentCurrentVersion' has value '1.3', but '1.2' is required.". This was a result of having JRE 1.3 installed, but my path wasn't modified to use the 1.3 runtime. Therefore, it was running the "java" command from the 1.2 runtime. I installed JRE 1.3 once again and modified my path statement to point to the C:Program FilesJavaSoftJRE1.3.1_08in directory and now everything works as expected. All I can say is, Duh, why didn't I think of that earlier. Dean Eshleman, MMA, Inc.

Comment

Working...
    X