TechTip: Build Web Pages with RPG and CGIDEV2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TechTip: Build Web Pages with RPG and CGIDEV2

** This thread discusses the article: TechTip: Build Web Pages with RPG and CGIDEV2 **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: TechTip: Build Web Pages with RPG and CGIDEV20

** This thread discusses the article: TechTip: Build Web Pages with RPG and CGIDEV2 **
    Dear all, I've installed the CGIDEV2 library, and successfully set up the environment. The execution of /cgidev2/hello1.pgm was ok. I've created the first GETCUS html page from the article. So far so good. Creating the GETCUS rpg program gives me some definition errors during the binding steps : Definition not found for symbol 'GETHTML'. Definition not found for symbol 'UPDHTMLVAR'. Definition not found for symbol 'WRTSECTION'. Definition not found for symbol 'ZHBGETINPUT'. Program GETCUS in library CGIDEV2 not created. Compilation failed. Program GETCUS not created in library CGIDEV2. Are these procedures somewhere missing or am I doing something wrong ? Are the examples in this article (like CUST file, sourcecode) electonically available ? Kind Regards, Danny Geebelen

Comment

"Definition not found for symbol" may be returned by the CRTPGM command when you've failed to bind the CGIDEV2 service program to your program. See the BNDSRVPGM parameter of the CRTPGM command.

Comment

Danny, Make sure your /copy statements are as shown in the article and also make sure that you have CGIDEV2 in your library list at compile time. (I don't think I told you that in the article) If it still doesn't work, contact me at kevin.forsythe@dmcconsulting.com and I will try to help you out. As for making the files and such electronically available.... I could email them to you if you realy need them, but the example was desigend to be very simple, and you should be able to replace CUST with any file on your own system. Let me know, Kevin

Comment

Working...
        X