AS/400 to S/36 device mapping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AS/400 to S/36 device mapping

On Friday, February 26, 1999, 03:35 PM, Alan Crossan wrote: I have an advanced 36 model 436 which began as a model 236 entry with one workstation controller. Later the machine was updated to a 436, still with one controller. Now I have added an ethernet lan and want to map those devices from the OS/400 side to the SSP side. I am using controller mapping for the twinax controller and this works fine. I am trying to set up device mapping for logical controller 2 on SSP to assign the ethernet devices to the SSP side. I have used the CHGM36 command to assign OS/400 devices to port and address locations. Then I went to CNFIGSSP to set up the SSP devices on ports 8-15 so that I could use printer assignments, etc. I saved the configuration but when I tried to apply the changes I received a message saying that I was trying to add more than 0 devices to controller 2. If anyone knows the reason for this and a way around this please let me know. Thanks in advance. I think I know what you want.. I haven't been able to do exactly that But... On the AS/400 side (WRKM36CFG) I mapped (*OUTQ) for a Client Access Printer to the S/36. Then on CNFIGSSP Mapped a printer. When the S/36 prints it goes to the selected AS/400 printer which sent it to CA printer. Only problem is the WRKSPL won't be able to control the output, only control is from the AS/400 side. I'm going to try this with a NETport TCP/IP printer next.
Working...
X