NetServer Print Share uses same job number forever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NetServer Print Share uses same job number forever

(I didn't know whether to post this here or in Client Access.) I am using NetServer/Client Access Express V4R4 to send PC print output from a program under Windows 98SE to an AS/400 output queue to be processed. I have setup a NetServer Print Share and everthing has been working fine for a couple of months. My problem is that for a given Windows logon name (also used to log onto AS/400) the initial AS/400 print job number seems to be used forever. The AS/400 has been re-IPLed once a week and the PC has been rebooted numerous times, but all new spool files are identified with the same job number that was started months ago! The spool file number has exceeded my internal size of 3 digits. I am changing the programs and database file formats to increase the size of this field, but it would help me a lot if I could reset this number. I have removed the NetServer share, even deleted the virtual device description that created the output queue, tried sending it to a standalone output queue, all to no avail! When I display the job using the job ID in the spool file entry (QPRTJOB), all that it shows are all the spool files ever sent to the output queue under the user name since the first time it was used, all of them in FIN status. I cannot end the job because it "has ended". The "Entered system:" value is the date and time of the first use by this user. I have been getting around the problem by logging onto the PC under a brand new user before we hit 1000 spool files. But there has got to be a way to end this job. Does anybody have any clues? Thanks in advance, John Bouris jbouris@home.com
Working...
X