Upgrading to the i5: More Options and Considerations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading to the i5: More Options and Considerations

** This thread discusses the article: Upgrading to the i5: More Options and Considerations **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: Upgrading to the i5: More Options and Considerations **

** This thread discusses the article: Upgrading to the i5: More Options and Considerations **
    I'll admit I haven't read every last line of detail regarding i5/OS yet, but Lee's comment regarding "customers whose applications cannot run on i5/OS yet" gave me pause. Is there some sort of V5R2 application-incompatibility that hasn't jumped out at me yet? If there are restrictions, does anyone have a link? I may be overreacting, but I remember Cisc to Risc, not to mention 3/36 and S/38 migrations to the AS/400. Hopefully this is nothing, but if anyone has info, pleases reply. Thanks, Art Blose

Comment

I really can't think of anything that wouldn't be in the "Memo to Users". But if any individual customer, or package, violated anything in there, might be the issue. In years past it was things like hardcoding offsets in triggers, relying on things not changing spool file positions in system reports, output file level checks, OV/400 death. Newer issues might include: /tmp directory, issues with CPYFRMIMPF, etc.

Comment

Working...
      X