Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Say What?

** This thread discusses the article: Say What? **
    David said: "It is my priviledge (and my right) as a U.S. Citizen to be able to freely criticize the holder of the highest elected office this country provides." Of course you are correct if you are referring to a public forum. This forum, however, is not public and requires membership to participate. In a private forum freedom of speech does not apply. Just as your employer has the right to muzzle you at work, the moderator of this forum has the right to delete any post s/he desires. I'm always amazed how people think "freedom of speech" applies to anywhere they are within the borders of the U.S. It doesn't, it only applies in public places. chuck Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer.

Comment

Say What?

Joe, You know as well as I do, that these topics tend to drift. Often the drift is into the political arena. At the risk of appearing repetitively rendundant I have observed this over and over and over again. Dave

Comment

Say What?

Out of all the contributors to this publication, there are only a very few who "drift" these conversations, David. Anyway, I've said my piece. If some people don't have the self-restraint to direct their political commentary to appropriate outlets, then that's their choice. I'm just pointing out that increasing political commentary inexorably turns a professional site into something better suited for IRC, and the easiest way to avoid that is to avoid the political diatribes. But that's just common sense, and arguing common sense is a waste of bandwidth, so I'm out of here. Joe

Comment

Say What?

I think it was the computer conference in Karachi, Pakistan way back in 1983 that I first saw a speech recognition software on Apple. I tried saying "Open File". With my thick South Indian accent then, I was still able to open the file. Apple was way ahead of time those days.

Comment

Working...
          X