• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital Division

** This thread discusses the article: Digital Division **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: Digital Division **

Digital Division

** This thread discusses the article: Digital Division **
    Before we dismiss the technology e-tax as just another misguided liberal redistribute-the-wealth scheme, perhaps we should reconsider... No doubt many of the target countries have trade inefficiencies and agricultural import barriers such as massive corruption, huge tariffs, and onerous inspection requirements that make the actual delivery of food commodities to the starving masses difficult if not impossible. If they can figure out how to circumvent the 3rd world bureaucratic equivalents of the USDA and the mafia by delivering computers to the starving, then perhaps they can then be bartered locally for food and clean water. Who knows, the local third world overlord, tribal chief, sheik, communist bureaucrat, or crime boss may then be persuaded to accept the trade of a computer/paperweight for a small part of his ill-gotten horde - perhaps a bushel of wheat, a pound of sugar, or 5 gallons of clean water. Okay, I don't really believe that; but I thought I'd at least make an attempt before offering the opinion that it really just is all a feeble attempt by guilty-rich western liberals designed to salve their consciences at the expense of the rest of us by redistributing our wealth.

Comment

Working...
    X