Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Printing to Zebra LP 2824 direct from AS/400 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printing to Zebra LP 2824 direct from AS/400 ?

I'm looking for some help in setting up a Zebra Printer to print labels directly from the AS/400. We have it connected via TCPIP with their Zebra Net PrintSerrver II Box. I was intially under the impression that we would be able to take a standard SCS or IPDS defined printer file with nothing more than the text we want printed on the label, send it through either Host Print Transform via a remote outq, OR through PSF/400. A quote from a zebra white paper pulled of their website: "...Zebra Printers use data streams generated by the Print Writer, PSF/400, and Host Print Transform. If the data stream output is in ASCii(ZPL), IPDS, or AFPDS, the Zebra Printer responds by generating and printing a format. In the case of IPDS, the Zebra printer is fully able to support the IPDS command set..." Based off of this we assumed we would not have to send the special ZPL or in our case EPL2 codes to the printer? Is this an incorrect assumption? I've created a remote outq as follows: RMTSYS *INTNETADR RMTPRTQ 'portLF1' CNNTYPE *IP DESTTYPE *OTHER TRANSFORM *YES MFRTYPMDL *WSCST WSCST QWPDEFAULT *LIBL INTNETADR I've confirmed the correct IP Address DESTOPT *NONE Based on the above assumption I can print any spool file created on the 400 to this printer. When I send my spool to the print queue, the green status light on the Print Server II Box blinks once and returns back to steady green.. the spool file goes from PND to SAV.. I've tried compiling the printer file as an *IPDS, *AFPDS, *SCS, All same results... I've since created a spool file which contains nothing but the following hoping we had to send the EPL2 commands to fix our problem: N A20,20,0,3,1,1,N,"TEST" P1 I get the same result "nothing" but a blip on the status light. I've also tried creating a printer device desc CRTDEVPRT AFP *YES PORT 9100 RMTLOCNAME Confirmed IP Address When I try this route, when I do a STRPRTWTR, the status light flashes on and off every second and never appears to fully connect and times out... I get a "Connection with device ZEBRA is being retried" in qsysopr. I have a feeling my problem is in how I'm generating my spool file??? Does anyone have any advice? I'm up to writing the EPL2 commands, if that's what's needed, but my first novice attempt and doing so got me no further than where I was before.. THANKS! Ryan
Working...
X