Printing to the Letter tray always

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printing to the Letter tray always

Two things that occur to me are: Different firmware revisions in the printers All trays are defined as custom paper types (even if 8 1/2 x 11) or some other tray-definition problem. Maybe you could have someone print & fax you the printer settings of one/some of the problem printers.

I have run into a strange printer problem. Some of my Lexmark Optra S printers will automatically select from the Letter tray no matter if the tray is in the first or second tray position. Some of the Lexmark Optra S printers cannot figure out that I do have a letter tray installed as the second tray so when I print "letter" from the AS/400 the printer halts and wants me to load "letter" in the top tray. Has anyone seen this problem before? I have thousands and thousands of printers in the field. Is there a simple setting on the printer to automatically figure out where the letter tray is loaded? TIA Scott

Comment

Ken, Thank you so much for your insight. The problem was a custom paper type setting. When we changed the tray's type to have plain paper instead of custom paper then it worked with no problem. Scott

Comment

Working...
      X