Duplex Printing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duplex Printing

Hi Guys How are you? Hope you guys are fit as fiddle.I have two Text files(Letters) in the IFS. One is in English and the other is in Spanish.I need to print these text files in the printer. I need to get the paper printed on both sides with english content on one side and spanish content on the other side. Is it possible to print the files this way? If yes please give me the steps in doing the same. These letters can be printed in the PC network attached Printer(HP inkjet)?? or I require the special IBM printer that is connected to AS/400 directly for this?? If suppose if have files in other format like RTF in IFS. How to print them?? Thanks a lot in advance. Have a nice day guys.

Duplex Printing

If the format of your letter is variable (sometimes text, sometimes, RTF, etc.) then you are really going to be forced into using a PC-network attached printer, because you are not likely to find any iSeries-centric solutions for reading and printing RTF. I'm assuming that this print process needs to be controlled from the iSeries side. If that is true, then you need to be able to have the iSeries control actions on a PC, including initiating printing of documents. A PC can obviously access the IFS via drive mapping. So you need a software solution that will be easily controllable from the iSeries. One package that comes to mind off the top of my head is iSeries Office Integrator from RJS Software. You can look at it's capabilities on their website: www.rjssoftware.com

Comment

Working...
    X