Modernize Your Legacy RPG Applications with the IBM WebFacing Tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modernize Your Legacy RPG Applications with the IBM WebFacing Tool

The article does not mention all the pitfalls you will encounter along the way. I still have not gotten a Webfacing app to work yet on V5R2. I applied the latest PTFs, which got me a little bit further. You must also make sure you apply the latest patches to your WDSC 5.1 client. The user profile I am using is associated with a *JOBD containing the library list where my objects reside, but my index page just hangs at the log in page, and I never see the first page (record format) of my simple app. This is particularly frustrating, as there are no error messages on the client or server. If anyone has any comments about a solving this problem, I would be most appreciative. Thank you. Brendan

Well, my comment to problems with WebFacing is always simple: use PSC/400 instead! But since it's my product, I'm slightly biased. Check out our demo. Joe Pluta Pluta Brothers Design, Inc. www.plutabrothers.com

Comment

** This thread discusses the Content article: Modernize Your Legacy RPG Applications with the IBM WebFacing Tool **

Comment

Working...
      X