Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPG Programmer required, West Los Angeles.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPG Programmer required, West Los Angeles.

No takers ?

I think maybe people want a bit more excitement than green screen and report programming. Is that why you're asleep in your picture? Seriously: What is the environment? Would there be a chance for web development or using modern methods? How are you coding? SEU? Are you using free-format? SQL? What does flexible and adaptable mean? Most successful developers are that because it's a necessity but is there any specific flexibility needed? For example, I worked at a company where I'd be working nearly 100 hours one week and 20 the next depending on requirements. If you post more details, I may be interested as my current assignment is ending July with the following conditions: 1. I generally work as an independent. 2. I'm in WI and am not interested in relocating to CA. I can work remotely from WI with periodic trips to the company. I've done this before and it works fine. It works best if the projects are defined with a deadline. 3. I can move out there temporarily if you have some short-term (3 to 6 mo.) need. Thanks. Tom.

Comment

Welllll. The RPG Programmer bit is good. JBA experience restricts things a bit. West L.A. restricts it some more. There is a segment in our industry that will unscrupulously tailor their resumes to whatever requirement is presented, and then further undercut the price. This knocks out legitimate contenders who may not have virtually every piece of experience required, but would none the less provide superior capability. Dave

Comment

I appreciate that this position does not sound inviting but I'm afraid it is as I described. Web development is outsourced as we have a static, simple web presence and no strategy to develop anything more as it does not fit our business environment. The picture is of Joe Royle from the BBC comedy, The Royle Family. http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/guide/ar...66602940.shtml

Comment

Ok, I'll bite. Why the picture of Joe Royle? Things must have really changed. All I've seen for years is "locals only" for RPG jobs in LA, Dallas, NY, and the like. As recently as a year and a half ago that was the case (according to the ads on the job boards). There's not a thing wrong with a green screen manufacturing package like JBA and enhancing it to implement the plans of a competitive manufacturing company. That's the efficient way to work with a company's data. That company will want someone with business cost effectiveness uppermost in their mind anyway. Unfortunately, people have to keep making a living during years and years of jobs like we used to have no longer available. I'm glad things are picking up, but we can't be surprised that the talent to fill those jobs did not survive the drought. rd

Comment

I have a position available for an experienced, adaptable and flexible RPG programmer. The work is mainly maintenance and enhancement of JBA System 21 ERP. This is a green screen and report programming environment for a manufacturing company. Salary is negotiable, health benefits are offered but not dental.

Comment

What I was attempting to convey, was that a recruiter, or a company will receive resumes that match the requirement exactly. Only the individual submitting the resume does not really have the experience. This knocks out other more experienced people from contention, while the recruiting efforts are made to the unqualified. If anyone actually has the required experience, they are knocked out from contention, because the unqualified individual will come in at a lower price. One way recruiting firms weed out those who practice "resume tailoring" is to check for an individual who has sent different resumes for different jobs under the same name. According to many recruiters that I know personally, the practice is pervasive. Furthermore, companies are actually hiring the inexperienced and unqualified. The interview process being somewhat abbreviated, and all other candidates not making the cut. The workers last three to six months (or longer) at the job before being found out. Naturally, the client is pissed at the recruiter, not their own shortsightedness. The individual gets a new job quickly by "resume tailoring", and the client company does not change their hiring practices. Repeat ad infinitum. Dave

Comment

Working...
              X