Sr. Midrange and Pick/Multivalue Programmer/Analyst Resume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sr. Midrange and Pick/Multivalue Programmer/Analyst Resume

TONY R. GAMBRELL 2173 Fiesta Drive COOKEVILLE TN. 38501 PHONE: Home (931) 432-5841 Mobile (931)252-3145 E-MAIL: tgambrell@charter.net OBJECTIVE To obtain a contract or full-time sr. level position with an excellent company in the area of IT Design/Development. WORK EXPERIENCE Pas-tech Computer Consulting, Cookeville Tennessee November 2002 through present Senior Consultant Began as a full-time temporary sub-contractor assigned to work for Pearl Corporation, which is a warehousing/distribution center located in Nashville, Tennessee for the wholesale distributing of drums and percussion instruments. Assignments were to re-design and re-develop a complete Cash Management system, a Purchasing/Receiving system, and to interface the host system receiving, order, and inventory data with Manhattan Associates PKMS Pronto warehouse management system. The host system is running IBM’s Universe relational database system. Development language used is Universe BASIC with a Pick flavor. Completed all assignments on-time and exceeded original expectations on functionality and ease of use. Averitt Express Inc., Cookeville Tennessee September 1988 through November 2002 Sr. Programmer/Analyst, Information Services New application design and development is the primary responsibility as Sr. Programmer/Analyst for this regional freight transportation company. Averitt received their AS/400 systems Models F80 & F10 in January 1993. I was involved in most all conversion efforts from our previous system and have been developing exclusively on the AS/400 since. Development primarily consists of the utilization of Commands, Control Language programming, RPG/400, RPG IV, Query, SQL, and Data definition statements. The system when I left consisted of two AS/400 models 720, and a model 730. Just prior to acquiring the AS/400's in 1993, I was the Averitt representative assigned to work with an outside consulting group to assists in design, development, and conversion to a Sequent UNIX system. Development on the UNIX system consisted of the utilization of SQL to create database procedures, and Ingres 4GL for application development. I was heavily involved with this project for about 14 months. The system present when I started employment consisted of Prime Inc. models 6550 6350 and 2450. Applications were developed using one or more of the following development tools; Information Basic programming language, Inform sentences, paragraphs, Perform commands, Solomon code generator, Wintools, and Blacksmith 4GL. Baptist Hospital Inc., Nashville TN. August 1985 through September 1988 Programmer/Analyst, Management Information Systems This position began as a programmer on the hospitals two Burroughs B3900 series medium systems using COBOL to create and maintain application programs. As microcomputer use increased in and around the hospital I was promoted to the position Micro Systems Programmer/Analyst. This position was created to develop and maintain systems for the hospital and local physician offices. Primary development tools used were COBOL and Data Manager. This position was responsible for design, coding, testing, implementation, training, and support for any new microcomputer applications for the hospital. It is also responsible for the software maintenance and support of Baptist Hospitals Physician Office Management System a comprehensive multi-user accounts receivable and billing system developed in-house for local physician offices. Academy of Health Sciences, U.S. Army San Antonio Texas January 1982 through August 1985 Programmer/Analyst, Automation Management Office Was involved in all aspects of programming and operations of National Computer Systems 7010 and 8008 optical mark reading systems OMR. The 8008 system consisted of an optical mark reader and a Texas Instruments 990/12 minicomputer. This position was responsible for all development of COBOL programs command proc

Sr. Midrange and Pick/Multivalue Programmer/Analyst Resume

You obviously have a lot of experience. However, if I was in HR or an IT mngr reviewing resumes for an IT position, I would want to see up front what your skills are. I don't want to read your whole job history in your resume searching for them to see if you have what I want.

Comment

Working...
    X