X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M.Sansoterra
    replied
    DB2 Integration with SQL Server 2005, Part I: Linked Server Enhancements

** This thread discusses the article: DB2 Integration with SQL Server 2005, Part I: Linked Server Enhancements **
    Hi Cliffe You're on the right track. In your provider string, simply specify: TRANSLATE=1 or FORCETRANSLATATION=1 This switch is either turns translation on or off, you can't specify a from CCSID.

Leave a comment:

• M.Sansoterra
    replied

** This thread discusses the article: DB2 Integration with SQL Server 2005, Part I: Linked Server Enhancements **
    Hi David You are correct -- there are some problems between DB2 and SQL Server that you have to watch for. If you exceed the max rows allows in SQL Server then there's nothing you can do about that. However, DB2 on the iSeries allows you to work around some special character problems (such as an embedded dot) by using double quotes. So the following query will work from SQL Server: Select * From OpenQuery(DB2400,'Select * From DATALIB."DOT.TEST"') A Also, if you're using four part table names, this will work as well: Select * From DB2400.S107X248.DATALIB."DOT.TEST" Another issue I've come across is the date data type -- DB2 can hold a much broader range of dates in its ISO data type (starting from year 1, whereas SQL Server starts in the 1700s if I remember right.) For these types of issues you just have to program around them in your query.

Leave a comment:

• Guest.Visitor
    Guest replied

Thanks a lot for a good article! I've seen the Linked Servers option before, but hadn't been able to make it work. One question for you - do you know how to return data that's CCSID 65537? Normally, in my Connection String, I'll add "Force Translate=37", but I'm not sure how to do that here. I tried adding in @provStr='Force Translate=37;', but no good. Any suggestions? Cliffe

Leave a comment:

• David Abramowitz
    replied

This is a most interesting development. It should be interesting to see what happens when a DB2 feature is being used that is not supported by MS. For instance would this still work if the file contained an embedded dot in the file name, or if the file contained more than a billion records? Dave

Leave a comment:

• DB2 Integration with SQL Server 2005, Part I: Linked Server Enhancements

** This thread discusses the Content article: DB2 Integration with SQL Server 2005, Part I: Linked Server Enhancements0
Working...
X