No announcement yet.

Accessing Data residing on one iSERIES from a different iSERIES Programatically

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accessing Data residing on one iSERIES from a different iSERIES Programatically

As long as the systems are connected in any fashion, you can create a DDM file (*DDMF) on one system that accesses the data on the other. In your program you simply refer to the name of the *DDMF, and your program reacts as if the data resided on the same system. Dave

Can anyone tell me the best way (if possible) to access data that resides on one iSERIES from a different iSERIES programtically? I need this to work on demand (i.e. Function Key) - Thanks in advance to all you iSERIES (AS/400) Gurus who reply. Take care. JR

Comment

If you are developing using RPG (or COBOL) DDM is the choice. If you are using Java you could use jt400 iSeries native clases to access the other iSeries data (through DDM server) or native SQL server in the same jar. I cannot tell you about the other choices (C, C++).

Comment

Working...
      X