SQL Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQL Error

A collection refers to a library, my guess is that it can't find your file "TESTFILE" Try adding the library name, use either "Yourlib.TESTFILE" or "Yourlib/TESTFILE" Depending on the configuration, either could work - so try one then the other. If that doesn't fix it, I'll look at it again. You can email me at kevin.forsythe@dmcconsulting.com Good luck and take care, Kevin

SQL Error

Try using for FIELDS colllection of the recordset object
    Code

Comment

SQL Error

I am using VBscript in an ASP with Client Access ODBC to run an SQL on an V5r1 iSeries database file. The Code looks like this: SQLString = "Select FLD1, FLD2, FLD3 from TESTFILE" Set objRS = objConn.Execute(SQLString) Do while not objRs.EOF Response.Write objrs(FLD1) Response.Write objrs(FLD2) Response.Write objrs(FLD3) objRs.movenext Loop The Error I get in my log file is on the first Response.Write statement and is: "800a0cc1|Item_cannot_be_found_in_the_collection_co rresponding_to_the_requested_name_or_ordinal." In another program, I created a new view that worked fine with the following code: CREATE VIEW test1 AS SELECT * FROM TESTFILE Am I reading the error correctly, in that it says FLD1 cannot be found?

Comment

SQL Error

That worked, Thanks for everyones help!

Comment

Working...
        X