X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pluedke@oilgear.com
    replied
    FTP from PC to SAVE FILE

HI- I have searched the archives for an answer to this problem and have tried all the suggested solutions. However none of them work! Here is my problem - I am trying to use FTP to bring a file into a SAVF on my AS400. When I attempt this, I get a 426-Cannot write to member error after receiving about 1/4 of the file. I have created the savf on the AS400 and it doesn't work. I have created the savf in the PUT statement and it doesn't work. I have cleared the savf first and it does not work. I am using BIN to be sure it is being received in the correct mode. I can FTP this file to a physical file just not a savf. All authority is correct and the library list is fine. There is something I am missing and I just don't know what it is. I wold appreciate any help and ideas. Thanks in advance, Pat

Leave a comment:

• pluedke@oilgear.com
    replied
    FTP from PC to SAVE FILE

Thanks to you both. The file I was sent was not a save file. I had the vendor resend it in the correct format and everything worked fine. I appreciate the help. Pat

Leave a comment:

• Guest.Visitor
    Guest replied
    FTP from PC to SAVE FILE

It sounds to me like you are trying to FTP a file from a PC to the 400 that is not a SAVF. If the file is not a SAVF type object, you cannot FTP it to SAVF.

Leave a comment:

• GlenKerner
    Guest started a topic FTP from PC to SAVE FILE

FTP from PC to SAVE FILE

Are you sure you are sure the file you are trying to put into the save file is a savf. If it is then the order of the ftp is: Ftp iseries user password namefmt 1 bin put file1.sav qgpl/savf quit
Working...
X