Custom signon screen V5R3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom signon screen V5R3

The Security Reference manual chapter 6 indicates that the source is in QSYS/QAWTSSRC and that there are two source members to reflect the password differences that exist depending on how QPWDLVL is set on your system.

Our custom signon screen worked just fine when we went to V5R3. Do you have password length at 10 or 256? chuck Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer. "Scott Cargill" wrote in message news:6b21dbc9.-1@WebX.WawyahGHajS... > Has anyone attempted to customize the signon screen for V5R3? I just upgraded one of our systems from V5R2 to V5R3 and our modified signon screen is no longer valid. I changed the interactive subsystem to point back to the origional signon screen to get up and working. In the past the source for the signon screen was in QGPL/QDDSSRC but that file has no members in it for V5R3. > > Does anyone have any info about this? > > Thanks,

Comment

Thanks for the information on QAWTSSRC! I did a search for QDSIGNON and SIGNON SCREEN and the like in the info center and it didn't find anything. I never would have thought to look in the security reference for signon screen modification. What I did before I got this information from you was to DSPFFD on the IBM supplied QDSIGNON, then looked at the source for our custom signon screen and noticed the fields were in a different order. Once I reordered the fields and recompiled, it worked fine. If the order of the fields didn't change from V5R2 to V5R3, I wonder how it ever worked before? Thanks again... ==Scott==

Comment

Has anyone attempted to customize the signon screen for V5R3? I just upgraded one of our systems from V5R2 to V5R3 and our modified signon screen is no longer valid. I changed the interactive subsystem to point back to the origional signon screen to get up and working. In the past the source for the signon screen was in QGPL/QDDSSRC but that file has no members in it for V5R3. Does anyone have any info about this? Thanks,

Comment

Scott asked me to tell you he found the file when you pointed out and thank you. He was looking for the file name it has always been under, and IBM didn't put anything in their documentation about the old file name. He tried using the modified signon we had previously and came up with some buffer changes, so we figured out what order they need to be in now and re-arranged them to the current arrangement and that worked. After I gave him your response to this we looked there and found it. Thank you very much for your help. Dwight HoganCamp

Comment

Working...
          X