Missing Fields in RPG Formatted Dump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing Fields in RPG Formatted Dump

ferhorv wrote: > I made an RPGLE PGM from 2 RPGLE modules. Both compiled with > DEBUG(*YES). Ferhov, You might have better luck getting an answer if you post this question in the RPG forum. Not everyone checks every one of the other fora. Bill

I made an RPGLE PGM from 2 RPGLE modules. Both compiled with DEBUG(*YES). Then the PGM was created with CRTPGM. If there is an error in any of the two modules which I answer with D or F, then only the program variables of the entry module are included in the dump. (even if the error happens in the procedure which is in the second module that contains the procedure called from the first module). They only way I found to have the variables of the second module to be included in the dump is explicitly coding a dump statement into the second module. (but I cannot do it with a program already in production). Does anybody have an idea why not all program variables appear in the dump? Thanks Ferhorv

Comment

I think the problem you are experiencing might be related to where the error message is issued: Given a program with 2 procedures, if the error message is issued and the "D" is taken in the main-line of the program, the variables that you will see are the global program variables only. If the dump occurs when you are in procedure A, the variables that you will see are the global variables and all local variables to procedure A but not procedure B's variables because procedure B is not actve and all varables in that procedure can only be seen when that procedure is running. This is commonly refered to as variable scoping. In essence, you are not able to see the contents of variables that are not in the scope of your procedure. If the message were to be issued from procedure b instead of procedure a, the converse would be true (you would see procedure b variables and not procedure a variables.

Comment

Working...
      X