Cumulative PTF's V5R1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cumulative PTF's V5R1

My experience is that IBM ships HIPER PTFs along with the Cume. The CUME CDs will have the number of the Cume release on them. Install (option #8 of the LICPGM menu) the HIPERs first, but do not IPL. (Select "N" for the IPL option). Repeat this process for the Cume PTFs. Then IPL as you normally would, or when time permits. Dave

Cumulative PTF's V5R1

Michael Sher wrote: > I am new to applying PTF's on the AS/400. We have hardware support so > I ordered v5r1 cumulative ptf's to bring the OS up to date. I was > sent 4 customized CD's with our company name on them and a plastic > sealed package labeled "iSeries V5 OS/400 Cumulative PTF's C3343510" > with 6 CD's. Unfortunately, my boss is out on medical leave and I > need to get this done for a programmer who needs some of the PTF's in > place. Which do I load, the 4 customized CD's or the plastic sealed 6 > CD package, or both? Michael, I think you'll find the paperwork that is included with the shipment to be pretty detailed. If there's anything you don't understand from there, ask us again. Bill

Comment

Cumulative PTF's V5R1

I am new to applying PTF's on the AS/400. We have hardware support so I ordered v5r1 cumulative ptf's to bring the OS up to date. I was sent 4 customized CD's with our company name on them and a plastic sealed package labeled "iSeries V5 OS/400 Cumulative PTF's C3343510" with 6 CD's. Unfortunately, my boss is out on medical leave and I need to get this done for a programmer who needs some of the PTF's in place. Which do I load, the 4 customized CD's or the plastic sealed 6 CD package, or both? Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
      X