Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User profile always printed on QPQUPRFIL

I don't know if anyone can help.

On one of the production AS400's I work on, if you generate a run a query to print under some user profiles, it always prints the user profile on line 62 of the spool file. None of the other boxes do.

This is causing me a particular problem at the moment, so I thought the easiest thing to do is remove the user profile from the query definition but I can't find anything that might be causing it to print.

Is anyone aware of an exit program or parameter that might cause this to print?

The box is running on V5R2.

Thanks in anticipation
    Last edited by mnisgary; 06-29-2009, 09:46 AM. Reason: extra information

User profile always printed on QPQUPRFIL

You mentioned some user profiles, but not all? I would say otherwise that
    the query definition running on the other boxes must be different. As for
    the source of the user profile name on line 62...It makes me believe the query definition on the production box is using a variable in the FINAL break text like &USER, &SYSNAME, &COMPANY, etc...

Some values are system supplied, others can be your own query defined fields. Great for total line groups, sub-totals, report totals, etc.

Look at the Define report breaks option of the query definition to determine what breaks are defined and if any break text variables were included in the text.

Other than that, I'd be looking at the printer job and definitions that may be using various methods to cause a footer text line to be included. Determine if this is a device configured thing like seperator pages, or maybe a PSF configuration is defined for that printer. Good Luck!

Comment

Check the PRTTXT parm of SBMJOB or OVRPRTF command .
      Last edited by OzzieH; 07-02-2009, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Hi guys,

thanks for the replys.

Its the PRTTXT causing the issue, when the user signs on, the initial program is changing the print text for the job, which is why users that don't go into the menu system don't have the same problem

Thanks for your help

Gary

Comment

Working...
        X