Upgrading O/S without latest CUM Package

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading O/S without latest CUM Package

Had problems loading the latest CUM package for V5R2 so we are thinking of just upgrading straight to V5R4.

On this partition of V5R2 we have never applied PTFs.

Anyone think this will cause any problems with an upgrade?

Do you mean apply "permenantly" as apposed to "temporarily"...??? Seems to me you must have PTF's applied at least "temporarily". And you should check the "What's
    New in this Release documents for V5R4, and any Installation pre-requisites.

What troubles did you have applying your latest CUM...???

Comment

The partition was setup a number of years ago and had a few individual PTFs applied initially (perm applied now) but has never had a full cumulative PTF package applied.

We had downloaded the latest version from Fix Central and had the fixes setup in an Image Catalogue but when we tried to install them the process just sat there and didn't load any PTFs.
      We had applied pre-requisite PTFs beforehand from an Image Catalogue which worked fine but the full Cum pack would not load.

Comment

Well my guess is a "scratch" on the CD...??? But anyway I would think you could go right to V5R4 regardless of what PTF's are applied or if at all. I suppose depending on your licensed programs installed...That existing pre-requisite PTF's may be looked for and V5R4 PTF's not applied during install, sure don't know...???

Your best bet would be to look at Installation Instructions for V5R4 real good for any warnings or pre-requisite information. You might find relevant info searching IBM for migration paths too. I'm pretty sure we went from V5R2 to V5R4 when we did.

Comment

Working...
        X