iseries 800 printer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iseries 800 printer

Just installed Iseries 800. I have an IBM 4224 as the system printer. The printing is different from my previous system. Currently the dots that form the characters can be seen. Previously, the print was more solid. If I do a printscreen, the characters look solid. Is there a way to change how the print looks when the reports are generated from the software? Also, if I want a print out of an ocl, it is triple spacing each line. Thanks in advance

iseries 800 printer

The reason the OCL listing is spaced is probably because of line wrapping due to the record length of the source file (OCL was 130?), and compounded by the system printing the line numbers and source change date on each line. Back in the 80's I wrote a quick little RPG to read the source file and format it all to one line. Fixing the font may be more difficult. You can try changing the PRTQLTY parameter on the QSYSPRT print file. Do this with great caution, because most IBM jobs use the QSYSPRT print file. The jobs may do overrides to this file. So what you change may not be in effect when you print. It will also affect ANYTHING that prints to this print file (that doesn't override), which can include your own applications and 3rd party applications. It will affect ALL printers, not just your 4224. YOU MAY CHANGE WAY MORE THAN YOU INTEND. BE CAREFUL AND TEST. -dan

Comment

Working...
    X