System slowdown after V5R2 upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• System slowdown after V5R2 upgrade

Any time a new release is installed there are slowdowns. Check out this article on the subject: http://www.mcpressonline.com/mc?1@17...ae.1@.6ae737ba Dave

Email me at kkuras@dart.biz. I'll send you a couple of tasks that helped on my 170's. How much mamory and disk storage is installed on this system and what's the percent of ASP used?

Comment

Kim, What's the Feature Code, or part number for the hardware you mentioned in your post? Is it available for a Model 820? Is this the ultimate iServer? Dale

Comment

We recently upgraded out model 270 from V4R5 to V5R2. All went very well. All the files were opened and converted per user instructions from IBM. Since the update we have had a serious degradation in our interactive response. We have tweaked pool sizes but are nowhere near the pre-upgrade response time. My question is this - have we outgrown the model 270 and are we in need of an upgrade or is there something I am missing with the new release? I would appreciate any insights. Thanks, Pat

Comment

Whoops! Although I have a red face now, it really was pretty funny!

Comment

Working...
          X