HELP !! Upgrade from V4R2 to V5R1 !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP !! Upgrade from V4R2 to V5R1 !!

After waiting so long, IMO, it is best to move with caution. Upgrading in stages may be the only way to go. While you're spending all this time upgrading, you might as well get a copy of V5R2. Dave

Dave, By "in stages" you mean you think it'd be better to upgrade to V4R4 & then wait some amount of time (a month, 3 months ?) before continuing to upgrade to V5R1 ? Also, can you still order CUM packages for "support has been discontinued" OS releases ? Thanks Martin

Comment

I currently have V4R2 on my 170. I have V4R4 & V5R1 in the boxes that they came in, I just haven't installed them. I know it's bad to be so behind, but, it's a long story. My questions are, 1) Given that I'm on V4R2, I would like to take a long weekend, like maybe Labor day or Thanksgiving holiday & try to upgrade to V4R4 & then right to V5R1. 2) Can you still order the last CUM for a discontinued OS ? Any thoughts ?? TIA, Martin

Comment

The time spent between release upgrades is up to you. What I meant was not to try a major upgrade to V5R1 without an intermediate upgrade. Dave

Comment

Working...
        X