Copy DDS(PF) to a Flat File in IFS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copy DDS(PF) to a Flat File in IFS

a) Create the PF with zoned instead of packed numeric(u have done that) b) FTP the file to the IFS

The FTP script should be

cd / put / file1.txt quit 
    if the IFS folder is /home/download then cd /home/download Once it sees a "/" following the CD the FTP server automatically converts the namefmt to "1" which is the value for IFS operation. Pls. update if it solved the problem.

Hi, The PF which I am trying to copy have all zoned and Alphanumeric fields. I have FTPed the file using naming format 1 but it did not work. The length was till the byte the data existed. Regards, Rahul

Comment

Hi, I have a requirement where in I have a PF (100 length) with 10 fields and last field is Alphanumeric. Some of the fields are numeric and zoned. I need to convert the above file to a flat file and send it to an Application which is PC based. When I use CPYTOIMPF and format as FIXED I am losing the leading zeroes which I do not want. So I have created a Flat file with 120 length and then did a CPYF with *NOCHK so it copied the data to the temporary flat file with leading zeroes. But most of the time my last field is blanks so the there is no demarcation for EOR. Now I copied the Flat file to IFS folder using the CPYTOIMPF (both fixed and delimited). But when I go inside the file using DSPLNK I could see the record length is less than 100 as we had blanks in the last field. But I need the file with 100 length even if last couple of bytes are blanks. I have tried options such as having a record delimiter etc but did not work. Can someone advise how I can achieve the requirement? Thanks in advance. Regards, Rahul

Comment

Specify LOCSITE TRIM 0 before the PUT. This will ensure that you have a fixed record length. Dave

Comment

Working...
        X