How to determine if a folder is empty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to determine if a folder is empty

Do you mean *COMPLETELY* empty? No directories and no files? And do you want to check this manually or programmatically? Chris

> Do you mean *COMPLETELY* empty? No directories and no files? And >> do you want to check this manually or programmatically?
    By empty, I'm implying that no documents/files exist in the folder. The process where this is executed is programatically in a job running behind the scenes. Thanks - Mike

Comment

Use the CHKIN command (CHKIN '/home/xxx/*') and monitor for CPFA093. Jørn

Comment

Do you have QSHELL loaded on your system. Try this. I did not compile and test this, I'll leave that up to you. Chris
        Code

Comment

Currently when we need to check to see if a folder is empty we utilize one of the following two methods: - DSPFLR and analyze the results to determine if there was anything in the folder. - QRYDOCLIB and analyze the results to determine if there was anything in the folder. Does anyone know of another method that could be used? The two methods that we currently utilize are not particulary efficient, and we would like to try and improve in this area. Thanks - Mike

Comment

Thanks to both of you for the suggestions. We're going to try using the CHKIN method. Thanks - Mike

Comment

Working...
            X