Date duration in CL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Date duration in CL

I'm not sure what your CL objectives are from this post. There are certain commands that will permit date data type differences. OPNQRYF is one of them - see example. Dave
    Code

Date duration in CL

Thanks for your answer, Dave. My CL-pgm looks like the code below. The problem is that the instruction %duration(&date2 - &date1) does not exist in CLP and i don't know how i can resolve this.
    Code

Comment

Date duration in CL

You could use the CVTDATE to convert your two input dates to julian dates and determine the "duration". But you have to be careful and provide for dates that fall within different years. However using the TOFMT(*LONGJUL) may help.

Comment

Date duration in CL

You can call the CEEDAYS API. The CEEDAYS will convert a date to a lillian date, then you can add or subtract the two converted dates to get the duration.

Comment

Date duration in CL

Hi, I have a CLP that receives 2 dates as parameters and it should return a text-string under the following conditions. The dates are in yyyymmdd format. If duration between the 2 dates > 367 then text = "Report yyyymmdd1-yyyymmdd2. if duration < 10 then text = "weekly report". If duration < 32 then text = "monthly report". if duration < 93 then text = "trimestrial report". if duration < 186 then text = "Semestrial report". if duration < 367 then text = "Yearly report". Is this possible in CL or should i replace the program by an HLL-Pgm ? As i still use OPM-Cobol and not know RPGILE, i should appreciate it to receive the coding to achieve this. Thanks for any reply

Comment

Working...
          X