CPHDTA command?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPHDTA command?

Found part of the answer at least. I checked my iSeries software resources looking for things related to cryptography. There were four products listed: 5722SS1-Cryptographic Service Provider, 5722AC3-Crypto Access Provider, 5722CE2(3)-Client Encryption, and 5722CR1-Cryptographic support. Back to the IBM info center and found the following: 5722AC3 appears to be about securing communications for client server apps; 5722CE2(3) appears to be for enabling SSL support. I eventually found a manual for 5722CR1-Cryptographic Support/400 in a link (on the left navigation bar) to supplemental manuals. It specifically references the CPHDTA command. Maybe someone else will find this helpful.

CPHDTA command?

There is an outstanding example of encryption using the cifer MI from "Tales from the AS/400 CRYPT" by Gene Gaunt from iSeries Network.com. It does not require any additional licencing like the CPHDTA command requires. We used this for encrypting credit cards and it was easy to implement. And, it is free. Jay

Comment

CPHDTA command?

Has anyone ever heard of the CPHDTA command (Cipher Data)? I found it (somehow) by getting to the CMDCRP (not crap) menu (GO CMDCRP on a command line). See menu below. I did my usual search on the IBM info center and came up with nothing. It is not in the CL commands manual so it must be part of some other IBM product, I guess. There are quite a few commands on this menu that would appear to help someone encrypt and decrypt data, which we are interested in doing. I have already written a sample RPG (with help from this forum) to use the _CIPHER MI program to encrypt and decrypt a field but was curious about this command and the other commands on the CMDCRP menu. Thanks for any input.
      Code

Comment

CPHDTA command?

Thanks for the info. I went to go look at the article and it is available only to Pro VIP subscribers and I am not one of those right now. Since my original post I have created an RPG procedure to encrypt text using the AES algorithm (with some help from friends, like you, on message boards like this). Garrett

Comment

Working...
        X