X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batch to Interactive Message

Have you tried the SNDUSRMSG command? Dave

Batch to Interactive Message

Thanks Dave for your reply. But, we do not want to use either User or Break messages. I want to format data in my own popup window and be able to display it centered on top of user session exactly as SNDNSVMSG does in Windows but natively on the 400. I've looked at ICF Intrasystem Communication Programming. But not sure if it's what I need.

Comment

Well, I found that lil program here (search for CHGMSGQ) that uses the PGM parameter of the CHGMSGQ command. Instead of the SNDPGMMSG used in that program, I call my own program with a popup window. Working great exactly like I wanted.

Comment

Hi, We have a batch job running and I want to be able to send some kind of break message (my own popup window not a SNDBRKMSG) to an interactive job when a specific condition is meet. We're using SNDNSVMSG from NETTOOLS library to send a Windows popup to inform user. That works fine, but requires a WINS server and Messenger service to be running on client PC. Is there a way to do this natively on the 400? Any help would be much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
        X