Who has a file/table locked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who has a file/table locked

I would be interested in seeing this code too. You can go down so far with the IBM commands, but it would be nice to get it to the level that you know the user and there display device.

Robert Pascas has a nice utility called "Locks" linked on his website: http://www.rpgiv.org/locks.htm Terry

Comment

Many moons ago myself I wrote an api that would execute a sub routine upon encountering a lock grab the user/session info from the pgm DS/IO Fdbk area within RPG in order for the person waiting to send a break message to that person. If that person did not respond to the message they were either paged, or someone in their area would get them out of what they left up. Last resort was to cancel that persons job and report this to their manager. The code I wrote I no longer have access or I would show an example.

Comment

Hi This program is called when a lock is discovered. It only returns the first job that holds the object, but it should be easy to modify. Regards Jørn
        Code

Comment

In response to a similar if not identical question Scott Klement recently has provided his usual thorough ansver, which I believe will help you: http://www.iseriesnetwork.com/artarc...rticleID=51383

Comment

Many years ago I wrote a CLP program to monitor backups and send messages about who had a file locked. I have slept since then and have performed a complete memory dump of all that data. For the life of me I can't remember what I did. I want to be able to check a file for a lock (easy part) determine who has the file locked and produce a report of who what and when. Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA Bill Barnes

Comment

Working...
            X