CPYFRMIMPF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPYFRMIMPF

Are you saying that your setup fails, or are you just checking to see if it should work before you try it? If it fails, in what manner does it do so? A workaround might be to use CPYFRMSTMF instead, put it into a PF with one large field, and use SQL to chop the results into 256-byte pieces.

CPYFRMIMPF

Can anyone shed light on this command. I am attempting to copy a comma delimited CSV file (IFS) to an as/400 flat physical file (IMUP). Since we use a case tool that limits field lengths to 256 bytes, I created a file (IMUP) with 5 fields of 256 bytes each (a total record length of 1280) My needs are rather specific. I want to copy the data over to the flat file (commas and all). I am using the following command.... CPYFRMIMPF FROMSTMF('/PDF/DQ015.CSV') TOFILE(IMUP) + MBROPT(*ADD) RCDDLM(*CR) DTAFMT(*FIXED) + STRDLM(*NONE) RMVBLANK(*NONE) + FLDDFNFILE(TEVALD/QCLSRC FDF2) I am a little cofused about the field definition file (FDF2). I tried to set it up as a source menber with the following contents.... I am sure that I got this wrong.. F1 1 256 0 F2 257 512 0 F3 513 768 0 F4 769 1024 0 F5 1025 1280 0[*]END again, all I want to do is copy data "on mass" without having to map to specific fields. HELP!!!!! johnT.

Comment

CPYFRMIMPF

Thanks, Using CPYFRMSTMF did the trick. johnT.

Comment

Working...
      X