CHGPF error - Pointer not set for location referenced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHGPF error - Pointer not set for location referenced

Are all of the logical files in the same library? You will get this error, if logical files exist in a different library, and that library is not in your library list when you execute the CHGPF command. Use the DSPDBR command to find out. Dave

Yes, all logical files are in the same library, I have checked earlier via DSPDBR... I have tried all posibilities like putting the library on top of the library list, put delete dependant file *YES, but it still can't work, i'm thinking of deleting all logical files & recompile again, but i can only do this in the development server since the PF is a master file in our production system, with lot of dependant files... Dawn

Comment

Try this - Send the CHGPF command to batch. Respond to the message with a "D". This will produce a dump and a job log. It should help point to where the problem precisely lies, and perhaps a solution. Dave

Comment

Hi, Dave, I have tried running the command interactively or submit it to batch, the job is ended abnormally for both ways, i wasn't getting any chance to answer msg... Any other suggestion? Thanks, dawn

Comment

Hi, I encountered the above problem during the CHGPF for a master in the system. FYI the system is V4R2 and the master file has a lot of logical files attached to it, logical files type as follows: 1) Logical files with same record format, no field list 2) Logical files with different record format, with field list 3) Join logical files with different record format, with field list The above problem arise when i have logical file type (1) & (2) attached to the master file, type (3) work fine... Wondering if there is any limitation for V4R2 CHGPF?

Comment

Please re-read my first response. When the error message is encountered, respond with the letter "D". Do not press ENTER until you have typed a "D" first! This will provide the diagnostics that you need in order to resolve this issue. Dave

Comment

Working...
            X