CPYTOPCD/CPYTOIMPF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPYTOPCD/CPYTOIMPF

Hi Robert, I am actually doing something similar to what you are. I am putting files on the IFS for email delivery. My pgm uses the CPYTOSTMF command. Not sure why you are having problems but I thought I would throw this out here and see if it helps. Scott

CPYTOPCD/CPYTOIMPF

CPYTOPCD targets the QDLS file system, right? If so, then your process will never work.

Comment

CPYTOPCD/CPYTOIMPF

Well then I'll give up. I'm getting headings into a file, and the data through an RPGLE program. I was just trying find a faster way to add the data to the file. The CPYTOPCD is done after a CSV file is built on the Series i. We then email it out. I wanted to make the process faster, using the CPYTOSTMF to add the actual file data. Anyone have a better idea to add field descriptions to a CSV file? Tha can be used with CPYTOSTMF?

Comment

CPYTOPCD/CPYTOIMPF

I recall seeing a utility here on MC Press - SQL2XLS. I haven't tried it yet but as I remember it uses SQL to create Excel spreadsheets (along w/Java). Search this site for the info - it may be quicker/simpler for you. HTH.

Comment

CPYTOPCD/CPYTOIMPF

I am trying to e-mail a externally described file in excel format weith field desription row. I a program working doing the whole thing, and using the CPYTOPCD to move it to a folder for mailing. The process is a bit slow, due to the wrapping of each field in each recrod done in the RPGLE proggram. I to build the field description row, and then use the CPYTOIMPF to add the actual file information. However, I can't get the CPYTOIMPF to copy to the PCD file and folder. Anyone have any insights?

Comment

CPYTOPCD/CPYTOIMPF

Yes, This is s two step process using CPYTOSTMF. First, load the column headings using the *REPLACE option on the "Stream file option", then run the same command with everything the same EXCEPT use *ADD option on the "Stream file option" when running it the second time around. Seems hokey, but it does work.

Comment

Working...
            X