Overlay using OVRPRTF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overlay using OVRPRTF

Deb, Instead of specifying the overlay on the OVRPRTF command try specifying it in the DDS. By doing using the OVERLAY keyword everything about the overlay can be dynamic and completely under program control. The position down & across, the overlay name, whether or not it even prints, is all controlled via program-to-system fields in the DDS. Tom
    Code

Overlay using OVRPRTF

Tom, Thankyou for answering. In my program the output is in the RPG program and not a printer file. My guess in that this overlay in control only in a printer file? I don't think you can have both. Do you know of a way of doing it from the Output spec in the program? Deb

Comment

Overlay using OVRPRTF

It may seem like a lot of work to change from O-specs to a print file but I don't see how you can conditionally print an overlay without using a PRTF. You can do it! Tom

Comment

Overlay using OVRPRTF

I’ve successfully created a overlay for the I-series, and using the OVRPRTF and RPG program works great. My question is when printing P.O.’s sometimes it goes for two pages. The first page will say “continue” at the bottom but I don’t want the overlay (signature) to print on this page. How can I get it so it won’t print on this page, but still print on the second page?

Comment

Overlay using OVRPRTF

Tom, Yes, thats what it looks like to me too. Been awhile since I done one. Different job, years ago. Thanks for the encouragement. Deb

Comment

Working...
          X