• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ino
    replied
    Retrieve store procedure source

** This thread discusses the article: RTVSQLSRC **
    Have an example of this api QSQGNDDL for retrieve SQL store procedure, like right button in navigator?

Leave a comment:

• markkelley
    replied
    Rtvsqlsrc

Doesn't work for me. We are on V5R3 and the RPG compiles OK, but when I try to run the command, I get a empty member in the destination source pf. Here is the message detail I get:

RTVSQLSRC FILE(XXMKELLEY/DUMP) SRCFILE(XXMKELLEY/QSQLSRC)
    Member DUMP added to file QSQLSRC in XXMKELLEY.
    Member DUMP has no records.
    Error found on STRSEU command.

Error found on STRSEU command????? Anybody else get this problem?

Leave a comment:

• Guest.Visitor
    Guest replied
    RTVSQLSRC

I guess I broke the single-topic-per-thread law.

Leave a comment:

• Guest.Visitor
    Guest replied
    RTVSQLSRC

Leave a comment:

• Guest.Visitor
    Guest replied
    RTVSQLSRC

..with the fact that (I believe) they are not enhancing the DDS. It's easier to do lots of stuff with SQL. I don't like to get into the more complex database manipulation statements with it, as it is not always so easily intuitive or readily "maintainable". Cross-platform applicability is *big* in my book for both practical and career reasons. Besides, he's just providing a tool here, and as far as I'm concerned, a very useful one that will find many future applications.

Leave a comment:

• R.Cozzi
    replied
    RTVSQLSRC

We fixed the typos earlier today. When we posted the code, I gave it a once-over on lower/upper case consistency and apparently type two of the parameter names wrong. The code as posted in the article is correct.

Leave a comment:

• Guest.Visitor
    Guest replied
    RTVSQLSRC

If anyone actually wants to compile and use this tool that Bob has generously shared (Thanks, Bob), as opposed to just wondering out loud why you should or shouldn't, you'll want to change the two instances of two variables that have typos - nMsgLlvl to nMsgLvl (twice), and nSecLvl to nSevLvl (also twice). Now, If I may wonder aloud - does anyone know what the advantages or disadvantages are of the "system" proc vs. QCMDEXEC? Jim Rothwell

Leave a comment:

• rjangelino@yahoo.com
    replied
    RTVSQLSRC

Mike, Scott Mildenberger got it correct. You didn't complete loading all the CD's. Must have had on one of your famous loud Tie's and you missed that part in the install Doc's. Your friend, Bob A.

Leave a comment:

• S.Mildenberger
    Guest replied
    RTVSQLSRC

You need option 13 of OS/400 installed - OS/400 - System Openness Includes. Scott Mildenberger

Leave a comment:

• Guest.Visitor
    Guest replied
    RTVSQLSRC

iSeries Navigator will also show all the constrains and triggers associated with data files, not just DDL for the tables...

Leave a comment:

• Guest.Visitor
    Guest replied
    RTVSQLSRC

Hi We also had the same problem but after discussing with IBM they got it restored from one of the CDs. So I think you need to ask IBM to supply the same. Other option is to copy QSYSINC from machine having it to other machines , as these are only header files and have not chnaged since V5R1.

Leave a comment:

• mpavlak
    replied
    RTVSQLSRC

I have a machine at V5R1 and can see the library QSYSINC. My two other machines at V5R2 don't have these libraries? What gives and how do I get them so I can write the utility?

Leave a comment:

• markh@thorinc.com
    replied
    RTVSQLSRC

Why not use Operations Navigator? Under database you can generate SQL source for any file. While this is not the exact SQL script used to create the file, it will give you the required SQL code for files created both by SQL & DDS. Mark Harrison

Leave a comment:

• robberendt
    replied
    RTVSQLSRC

This article might be useful if you needed to do this in a batch method. However iSeries Navigator has a function to do this already for one shot deals.

Leave a comment:

• robberendt
    replied
    RTVSQLSRC

Advantates to DDS over SQL include: I) Field reference file. Although this can be mimicked quite easily with SQL. II) Having a record format name different from your file name. Frankly, the only time this is an issue is with the RPG compiler using Native access. I think it's time to change the compiler. Granted the compiler has work arounds, like RENAME. III) DDS allows the combination of a VIEW and an INDEX into a single object. Once again, only an issue if you use native access in a HLL. And that is only because the compiler checks the file at compilation time to ensure that it has the keys you mention. I wonder what it would take to have the compiler to just check to see if one of the Indexes has an acceptable access path?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X