Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JWSPLF: A Better WRKSPLF Utility

** This thread discusses the article: JWSPLF: A Better WRKSPLF Utility **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: JWSPLF: A Better WRKSPLF Utility **

JWSPLF: A Better WRKSPLF Utility

Our users have problems with sorting of the spoolfile in the subfile. Cause the files was sortet by filename. WRKSPLF of IBM sortet differently. First all File with Status Ready - the Hold - then Saved. It is possible to realize that sorting-method in this wonderful tool ?

Comment

This tool relies on user indexes. Spools are stored and accessed with a key that includes: spfname, jobnbr and spfnbr (20 bytes), that means that they are sorted accordingly. Maybe it could be possible to add a new key field before all, that has a value corresponding to status (1=ready, 2=held, ecc), but I wrote this tool many years ago (and rewrote in ILE) with the purpose of locating the spools by name. If you use this tool, i can send you two patches. (to allow *curlib at V5 and an error fixed.) Giuseppe.

Comment

Hello, yes please send me the patches for this nice tool. If it possible... please tell me where to modify the source for the IBM-sorting of spools. My Email: Volker.Schuetz@behrgroup.com

Comment

Is there a Update for V5R4-Release? ...some Spoolfiles can't display, change,... in cause of internal longer spoolnumber.

Comment

Working...
          X