Calling an RPG procedure from ILE CL problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling an RPG procedure from ILE CL problem

I have used CALLPRC in ILE CL programs in the past, but I am running into an issue with this one and cannot figure out why. The CL seems to execute to the point of the CALLPRC and it just skips over it without any error message and moves on to the next line of code. The program should loop thru this call until it returns 0 records. CALLPRC PRC(RecsLeft) PARM((&FILESOURCE) (&RUNDATE)) + RTNVAL(&TOTRECS) CHGVAR VAR(&TotRecsN) VALUE(&TotRecs) IF COND(&TOTRECSN > 0) THEN(DO) DLYJOB DLY(&DELAYJOB) GOTO CMDLBL(CHECKDEL) ENDDO The RPG procedure is a production module already used in other code successfully. I used a BNDDIR to bind this service program and one other to the CL. My ILE CL is called from another ILE CL and runs in a named activation group.

Re:Calling an RPG procedure from ILE CL problem

You say "moves on to the next line of code". Which line? The CHGVAR? If so, how are you sure the RPG is not being called? Did you set a breakpoint in the RPG? Did you use F22 to step into the procedure? Joe

Comment

Re:Calling an RPG procedure from ILE CL problem

I fount it! Yes I was trying to step into the procedure at the time I posted and it was skipping right by it. Later I started my debug at the next higher up CL in this process and for some reason was then able to step into the procedure code. The RPG procedure then threw out an SQL error while I was in debug, which I was able to trace back to another RPG program called prior to mine. The other program was re-pointing to an Oracle database and not re-setting to the iSeries database. Since my procedure was SQLRPGLE, it was lost! :blink:

Comment

Working...
      X