Basic CL Programming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basic CL Programming

Hello, Our company is finally coming out of the dark ages and into the light. We have been given the go ahead to start "converting" from RPGII and OCL (running in S36 environment on iSeries) to RPGIV(RPGLE) and CL(CLE). However it seems as I've lost a generation. The RPGIV is coming pretty well, but the CL is a little tougher. We have many RPGII programs that run in multiple OCL "procedures" with a variety of files with labels. All of the RPGII code is written with internally defined files. These files correspond to various physical files in QS36F library. In OCL the "FILE NAME-?????,LABEL-????" statements are used to select the physical file to process. I need to know in CL what corresponds to the "FILE NAME-?????,LABEL-????" statement in OCL. Finally the question. What resource is there that will show an example of a report program written in RPGII and run with OCL that is converted to RPGIV and running with CL? If I have examples that compares oranges to oranges (or even tangerines) this would be great. Thank you all in advance for your help. Peter

Re:Basic CL Programming

FYI-It is CLLE, not CLE. In CLLE, you would use an OVRDBF command prior to your CALL instead of "// FILE NAME".

Comment

Re:Basic CL Programming

The OCL
      Code:
      // FILE NAME-xxxx
      indicates the file name as it exists within the program. This corresponds to the CL command OVRDBF (Override Database File) FILE(xxxx) parameter. The OCL
      Code:
      LABEL-xxxx
      corresponds to the TOFILE(xxxx) parameter of the OVRDBF command. Dave

Comment

Working...
      X