Copying /IFS Lpar1 to Lpar2 Question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copying /IFS Lpar1 to Lpar2 Question.

Hello, I want to copy a bunch of Log files in a /IFSDIR/*.* to another LPAR. My research tells me to do something like this. CPY /IFSDIR/*.* /QFileSvr.400/LPAR_Name/IFSDIR/ How do I instruct QSHELL to only copy files that are +30 days old? Can I use -mtime +30 in some way? My testing thus far have not been sucessful, but its probably because my same user profile does not exist on the target LPAR. Thanks, Keith

Re:Copying /IFS Lpar1 to Lpar2 Question.

Update.... I made some progress last week on identifying a method to solve my problem. I will paste my test script here, but I have a question. # Below are some test Unix QShell scripts moving data # back and forth between two LPARS on the same system. # Then cleaning up the folder to regain space. # Using /tbcklb on TBCTEST and /tbcklb on TKIHQ as a test environment. # # This command is used in the IBM Scheduler to run this script # on Development Box. Very cool you can execute from either end # to get the same results. # STRQSH CMD('qsys.lib/itools.lib/qtxtsrc.file/ifscpy.mbr') # # Create IFS Pointer to Production LPAR Root. mkdir /QFileSvr.400/TKIHQ # # Copy Development /tbcklb/*.* to Production LPAR /tbcklb cp /tbcklb/*.* /QFileSvr.400/TKIHQ/tbcklb/ # # Then... # # Copy Production LPAR /tbcklb/*.* to TBCTEST LPAR /tbcklb/save cp /QFileSvr.400/TKIHQ/tbcklb/*.* /tbcklb/save # # Then... # # Copy Production LPAR /tbcklb/*.* to TBCTEST LPAR /tbcklb/direc cp /QFileSvr.400/TKIHQ/tbcklb/*.* /tbcklb/direc # # Then... # # Remove from Development /tbcklb to save space. rm /tbcklb/*.* # # Or... # # Delete files from Development /tbcklb that are >30 days old. find /tbcklb/save/*.* -mtime +30 -exec rm {} ';' Question about this line? mkdir /QFileSvr.400/TKIHQ mkdir: 001-2128 Error found creating directory /QFileSvr.400/TKIHQ. File exists. Is there a way to monitor for this message similar to a MONMSG in the text I have above is this already exists? Thanks, Keith

Comment

Have you tried just deleting the directory prior to creating it? Sometimes a failure on delete is not fatal. Bill

Comment

This one is driving me nuts! Why does this work... # Delete files from Development /tbcklb that are >30 days old. find /tbcklb/save/*.* -mtime +30 -exec rm {} ';' But this does not... # Copy files that are >30 days to another folder. find /tbcklb/*.* -mtime +30 -exec cp /tbcklb/save {} ';' Get Error... cp: 001-2127 /tbcklb/save is a directory and was not copied. What am in missing? Is there another way of doing this? Thanks, Keith

Comment

Hello Bill, I got around this one by using the following statement. # Create IFS Pointer to Production LPAR Root. if mkdir /QFileSvr.400/TKIHQ then echo TKIHQ was created. else echo TKIHQ already exists. fi Using the if statement monitors for you for the completion. I got this tip from another website, and it got me around this problem. Thanks for your reply. I did try what you suggested, but the other error was just as bad.

Comment

Working...
          X