The CL Corner: When Was an IFS File Last Used or Changed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The CL Corner: When Was an IFS File Last Used or Changed

** This thread discusses the Content article: [url=http://www.mcpressonline.com/programming/cl/the-cl-corner-when-was-an-ifs-file-last-used-or-changed.html]The CL Corner: When Was an IFS File Last Used or ChangedËÝ\›H
    Š

Hello,
    a note abour readdir: it does not returns names containing characters outside the job's ccsid charset. And without any error. Names containing chars outside the job's charset (192 EBCDIC characters) are just skipped.
    The guys that work on a multilingual machine may use the QLG* apis (qlgopendir, qlgreaddir, qlgstat, ...) instead of the classic ones

I agree completely. In this case I chose not to use the QLG* APIs as I didn't want to get into CCSID conversions (similar to how I didn't want to get into the mechanics of calling the Unix-type APIs with *ByVal in some cases, etc). But you bring up a very good point that I need to address in a future article.

Also I'm sorry I was so late in responding to your post. For some reason I wan't notified that you had commented on the article. Your post is right on.

Bruce

Comment

Working...
    X