Remote System Explorer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote System Explorer

Michael, Have you created a connection for the 400 yet? I know this is a silly question but I had a genius friend of mine tear apart his computer because it wasn't plugged in. Open up the New Connection, right click on the 400 icon and run it.

Remote System Explorer

Stuart, There in lies my problem. The only possible connections that are listed under new connections are Windows, Linux, Unix, Local. If I try the remote connection wizard "system type" only gives me the previous list to select from. Any explanation I've read seems to have the iseries as part of the listing already. The only other thing I've read about was the CL command STRRSESVR but even that wasn't to forth comming with details, plus it seems kind of backwards to fire up a 5250 session just to run the RSE.

Comment

Remote System Explorer

Michael, Are you missing any programs on the iSeries?

Comment

Remote System Explorer

In the WDSC click on Help and select Welcome. Do you have a "Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries"? If you do select it. From the welcome page click on "create a connection". Let me know.

Comment

Remote System Explorer

Just found some more info with regards to STRHOSTSVR and STRTCPSVR. Looked at our AS400 and QSERVER looks like this QSERVER QSYS SBS QPWFSERVSD QUSER BCH QSERVER QPGMR ASJ QZDASOINIT QUSER BCI QZDASRVSD QUSER BCH QZLSSERVER QPGMR BCH Not sure if I'm missing something that should be running. I can ping from the PC and to the PC. I'm also woundering about Option 60 of 5722WDS licenced program. Should this option be listed as part of the licenced program display? I should also mention that we only use 1 machine for production and dev. We are at v5r1 on the 170 and WDSC. If you haven't guessed technical aspects of the AS400 are not my strong suit.

Comment

Remote System Explorer

type GO LICPGM and look at "10. Display installed licensed programs ". If "5722WDS *COMPATIBLE WebSphere Development Studio for iSeries" is not listed then you need to install the license program first.

Comment

Remote System Explorer

Stuart, I actually have 2, WDSC Advanced Edition for iSeries and WDSC for iSeries.

In either case nothing happens when I click "create a connection".

Comment

Remote System Explorer

Everything seems to be there, I think. Unless "WebSphere Development Studio for iSeries" needs to be listed. This is our current list. 5722WDS *COMPATIBLE WebSphere Development ToolSet 5722WDS *COMPATIBLE Tools - Application Development 5722WDS *COMPATIBLE Compiler - ILE RPG IV 5722WDS *COMPATIBLE Compiler - System/36 Compatible RPG II 5722WDS *COMPATIBLE Compiler - System/38 Compatible RPG III 5722WDS *COMPATIBLE Compiler - RPG/400 5722WDS *COMPATIBLE Workstation Tools - Base 5722WDS *COMPATIBLE Workstation Tools - WebFacing, CODE 5722WDS *COMPATIBLE Workstation Tools - VisualAge RPG 5722WDS *COMPATIBLE Workstation Tools - WebSphere Studio 5722WDS *COMPATIBLE Workstation Tools - VisualAge for Java

Comment

Remote System Explorer

Since you are on V5R1, I wouldn't use the advance page but the iSeries one. What level of WDSC are you on?

Comment

Remote System Explorer

We're on version 5.1

Comment

Remote System Explorer

Did the "Welcome Page" connection work?

Comment

Remote System Explorer

Nope, not even so much as a blip.

Comment

Remote System Explorer

I am at a lost, try this link it might help http://www-306.ibm.com/software/awdt...dt400/support/

Comment

Remote System Explorer

Thanks, I'll give it tour and see what comes up.

Comment

Remote System Explorer

Stuart,

Are you saying that the WDSC advanced version is only for AS400 v5r1+?

Because if thats the case then I may need to uninstall the advanced version and install the regular one.

Comment

Working...
                              X