Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weaving WebSphere: EGL Revisited

** This thread discusses the article: Weaving WebSphere: EGL Revisited **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: Weaving WebSphere: EGL Revisited **

Weaving WebSphere: EGL Revisited

I've been considering investigating Ruby on Rails but your article has made me reconsider. I'll look into EGL instead.

Comment

Joe, this section is perhaps one of the most important points about the EGL Language. In many respects, EGL is a boring language as it was deliberately designed in such a manner to minimize the learning curve of anyone with a programming background in any other language. As you point out EGL is not just a language, but a combination of tools and language that leverage productivity and hide the underlying technology. In the area of web development as you point out (unlike any other tool or language) you need not learn HTML, JavaScript, or other technology. You just use the tools and a language you all ready understand. Joe, great job here.

Comment

I find it curious that out of 182 sessions for the upcoming i5 technical conference in May, EGL is not mentioned although there are lots of sessions on websphere, SOA and RPG. The conference would seem to be an appropriate forum for IBM to show support for EGL. Thanks Joe. Your articles are always informative.

Comment

Thanks for the kudos. I appreciate it. I never get a lot of comments on my articles, although what I do get is usually similar to yours. I wonder if I need to be more controversial in order to get more comments? Anyway, the more I look at EGL the more I like it. Since I want a VERY thin layer of Java, EGL looks almost perfect for what I need to do. I'll need to work with the EGL folks over the coming weeks to see if I can do all the required tasks, but I'm pretty hopeful. Joe

Comment

Working...
          X