disabling the enter key

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• disabling the enter key

Mike - I've had this problem a couple of times myself. It may just require a change to the logic of the program. Is the logic so that if one key is NOT pressed, its assumed that the other key is pressed? For example:- If *in12 = *on leave else select a record endif If you change this to If *in12 = *on leave else If *in09 = *on select a record endif endif This way it makes no difference if the Enter key is pressed. Alan

disabling the enter key

Mike, I would certainly use the VLDCMDKEY(INxx). In the DSPF name the command keys to be used (F09 and F12). Pressing another function key will give a generic error (Key not defined) and pressing Enter will not turn on the VLDCMDKEY indicator. Then I would test the AID byte from the INFDS SELECT WHEN AID = F09 do something WHEN AID = F12 LEAVE OTHER Error ENDSL Regards, Carel Teijgeler

Comment

disabling the enter key

Hi All, I know I have done this before just don't remember how to do it. I have an inquiry program that calls another program to display records and the user selects a record from the second program and presses F9 to send the parms back to the calling program. I want the user to use either F9 to select a record or F12 to not select and return. Pressing the enter key does the same thing as F9 in my program. So I would like to disable the ENTER key. The VALIDCMDKEY won't really do it because that will return the VALIDKEY command even if another key is pressed. I got that from another posting on this site if that is correct. Thanks for any replies. Mike

Comment

disabling the enter key

You can effectively do this by just re-outputing the screen if the user presses "ENTER". I would suggest a message in this case to the effect: "You must press or . -Bill Thompson

Comment

Working...
        X